Now is a good as time as any to organize. I find that I am starting to put summer things away and trying to keep kid’s backpacks, shoes and coloured pencils (where did they all come from) with back-to-school. I want everything to have a place. Maybe, somedayâ€¦
Well, my home wasn’t cluttered in a day, so I guess I shouldn’t expect an overnight transformation (Anyone have a house elf they are not using?)
Here are a few tips to inspire your clutter clearing days:
- Get rid of anything that is in the someday-I-might-need-this pile. If you haven’t used it in 6 months. You don’t need it.
- Sign up for ‘FlyLady,’ a cleaner after my own heart. She sends me small daily tasks to keep the piles at bay.
- Consider one sane, organized, matching storage system. I find if it looks good, I tend to use it more. It makes me feel better.
- Delegate. You probably didn’t make all the mess. Ask for help cleaning and offer a family reward when it is done.
- Your junk might be someone else’s treasure. Ebay, craigslist, kijiji or even an old fashioned garage sale gets things out of your house and into someone else’s.
- Get someone else to do it. Google professional organizer and you can see the proliferation of this profession (maybe a new career path for younow that you are an expert). They will even clean your cupboards and organize your junk drawer.