Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales set another all-time record in December 2020.
- National home sales rose 7.2% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in December.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 47.2% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties climbed 3.4% from November to December.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1.5% m-o-m and was up 13% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 17.1% y-o-y gain in December.
Home sales recorded over Canadian MLS® Systems jumped by 7.2% between November and December to set another new all-time record.