With all this talk of a housing bubble, maybe now is the time to take advantage. Here are 11 reasons why now to the time:
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
- You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
- You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!